This Summer Flower Arrangement Will Brighten Up Your Westchester Home
White Plains Damsel Flowers share a whimsical arrangement that’s perfect for celebrating the warm days ahead.
- scabiosa raspberry
- pink peony
- Branch roses
- quicksand roses
- caramel roses
- Yellow, peach and pink buttercup
- asparagus fern
“Inspired by the abundant blooms that surround us at this time of year, this ethereal arrangement is complemented by plants you can find in Westchester backyards!”
— Clarissa Marino, COO, Maid Flowers
- Choose a vase that will best suit your space. To support the stems of the arrangement, create a grid with tape over the top of the vase (think a trellis, like when you’re baking a pie!).
- Start with the greens. Start by designing the length, with larger greens on one side. Gradually lower them towards the other end, creating an up-down effect. Don’t be afraid to have greens draped a little to the side, for extra dimension.
- Start with the largest flowers and sporadically place an odd number on the greens. As you decrease in size, continue to space the flowers in a variety of directions. Although the design may look a little messy, the flowers will ultimately appear as they would in a natural garden scene.
- Add your smallest flower of varying lengths to create a whimsical effect. It may be a small buttercup bud that hasn’t bloomed yet.
Related: 3 Westchester florists add a natural touch to wedding arrangements