Create your own DIY flower arrangement for Valentine’s Day
Saint Florals joins the show today to discuss how to make your own Valentine’s Day floral arrangement! After creating your own arrangement or obtaining one from Saint Florals, you can make flowers last longer with the following tips:
1. Trim the flowers at the end: According to Consumer Reports.org, flowers have a vascular system in their stems that draws in water and nutrients to nourish the flowers. If you neglect to cut them, the air that was sucked into the stems while they were out of the water can block water absorption.
2. Quickly place the flowers in the water and watch the water temperature: make sure the water is not too hot or it will hurt the flowers. You want to keep the water at room temperature.
3. Remove all dead flowers from inside the water: Dead leaves and flowers inside the vase and under water will damage the fresh flowers.
4. Make your own flower food: DIY your own flower food recipe to keep flowers fresh!
5. Change the water frequently: Plan to refill the water and re-cut the stems every three days. This prevents bacteria from spreading to living flowers.
To learn more about Saint Florals, visit saintflorals.com.
Copyright 2022 by WJXT News4Jax – All Rights Reserved.